What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems, Command & Control (C2) business is seeking a senior level contracts negotiator / manager experienced with managing large, complex contracts. In this role, you’ll have responsibility for overall contract management to drive contract requirements to successful completion. The successful candidate will provide contracts leadership to the businesses and program leaders.
This position has responsibility over business agreements and contracts with the U. S. Government, Foreign Military Sales (FMS) as well as via Direct Commercial Sale (DCS) with international customers, such as Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, and Switzerland.
Some international travel is required.
This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or a Salary Grade G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Required Skills:
- Close interaction with external customers and internal program management office
- Preparation and submittal of proposals
- Leading proposal and contract negotiations to achieve business objectives while ensuring customer needs are met
- Participation in all bid/proposal review activities and EAC reviews
- Providing guidance on contractual rights and obligations, and means to mitigate contractual/program risk
- Ensuring that proposed and negotiated T&Cs comply with company policies and guidelines
- Coordinating with Export/Import and Authorization Owners (AO) establishing Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing License Agreements, and DSP-5 Licenses
- Supporting the business development team with new business pursuits, including establishing Proprietary Information Agreements, proposal support, and preparing and negotiating collaborative agreements as necessary.
- Proactively engaging with the program/pursuit teams and customers to ensure that the programs are executing to contract requirements.
- Responsible for preparation of customer communications
- Responsible for day to day contract administration tasks
- Participate in external customer reviews
- 6+ years of legal, contracts management, supply chain or business administration experience
- Experience with contract management
- US Citizenship is required
Required Education:This job is posted internally as: Sr. Contracts Negotiator / Contracts Manager
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to negotiate complicated financial, payment and other contractual terms; knowledge to discuss and negotiate in real time; ability to consider liabilities to the company and mitigate them
- Demonstrated influential communication skills, both verbal and written, to include presenting to leadership, interacting with customers, writing contracts and customer correspondence
- Ability to multitask and manage workload to meet deliverables on time and accurately
- Ability to understand and ensure full compliance at all times with applicable Company policy and guidelines
- Familiarity with Raytheon’s businesses, policies, and practices
- Experience with ITAR
- Proficiency and experience working sole source and competitive acquisitions
- Defense Industry specific Contracts or industry related experience preferred
- Uses creativity, innovation, initiative, speed and agility for advantage
- Excellent analytical and solutions development skills
- International experience
- Experience leading proposal and contract negotiations with a track record of achieving business objectives and meeting customer needs
- In depth knowledge and understanding of FAR, DFARs and other US Government regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Import and Export regulations
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid financial acumen and use of business metrics
- MBA or other related advanced degree
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.