Senior Process Yield Engineer I / II
An opportunity currently exists in the Microelectronics Engineering & Technology (MET) Department, a part of Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS), as a Senior Process Yield Engineer. MET develops, designs, and manufactures compound semiconductor devices, millimeter/microwave integrated circuits, and modules for defense and commercial applications.
As a member of the MET Department, the individual in this role will serve as a yield engineer for integrated circuit processes in the RF Components production wafer fab. The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring product yield commitments are met through active yield monitoring, has an acute understanding of semiconductor process interactions, and rapidly responds to yield excursions with appropriate root cause investigations and corrective action implementation. The role also requires the candidate be forward looking to identify opportunities for yield improvement and drive cross-functional teams to achieve them.
The role is very interactive and the candidate should enjoy working in highly collaborative team environments. The ability to develop and maintain working relationships within the engineering community, production supervisors and operators is critical to achieving business goals (e.g. cost, cycletime, throughput, etc.). Additionally, this role requires daily presence on the manufacturing floor, which is located in a class 100 cleanroom requiring full body suit gowning.
- Experience in semiconductor processing
- Understanding of integrated circuit functionality and device characterization
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Broad base knowledge related to semiconductor processing, device physics, and data analysis
- Experience with processing of III-V compound semiconductor devices particularly Gallium Nitride and/or Gallium Arsenide
- Ability to lead and coordinate technical projects with diverse and cross-functional teams
- Experience in statistical process control and lean manufacturing methods
- Demonstrated experience in high paced manufacturing environments
- Experience with characterizing, understanding, and improving semiconductor device performance and reliability
- Experience with root cause investigations and corrective action implementation
- Highly skilled at multitasking, having attention to detail, and teamwork abilities
- BS in an engineering discipline (for example but not limited to Electrical / Materials / Chemical Engineering) or a suitably rigorous scientific field (e.g. Physics, Chemistry etc.)
- MS in an engineering discipline (for example but not limited to Electrical / Materials / Chemical Engineering) or a suitably rigorous scientific field (e.g. Physics, Chemistry etc.)
This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Keywords: GaN, GaAs, semiconductor, fabrication, materials science, semiconductor manufacturing, III-V compound semiconductor
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.