Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Raytheon is seeking a Network Engineer to provide multi-site network communications system support from a central location. This Network Engineer will be involved in a wide range of issues including troubleshooting network architectures, monitoring networks, and Enterprise network infrastructures.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing Tier 2 network support to a multi-site architecture as part of responsibilities of the enterprise service center
- Providing technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing such as router, L2 and L3 Switches, Firewalls, Bridges, etc
- Evaluating installations and or reconfigurations of the Hardware and Software baseline
-Working directly with multisite customers in most aspects of the day-to-day activities.
- Working with limited guidance and working with the site and enterprise customers. This requires good communication skills and the ability to multi-task efforts based on a dynamic environment and changing priorities.
- Providing security engineering and integration services to multisite customers.
The selected candidate must understand enterprise level architectures with the ability to work through network related issues with other segments at the facility and throughout the enterprise.
This position is staffed as an 8X5 position in either an early region schedule or a late region schedule from 1100 to 1900 hours.
The Network Engineer will be scheduled to work one of these region timeframes and as needed will be called in to work during off-hours to meet customer support needs.
- A current TS security clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and ability to pass a Counter Intelligence (CI) polygraph
- Compliant DOD 8570.1 IAT level II (Security Plus CE, GSEC, SSCP or CCNA- Security) at a minimum
- Knowledge of OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Static and Multicast routing protocols
- Knowledge of Cisco Network and Firewall Products
- Strong Understanding and in-Depth knowledge of IP Network/Subnet Addressing
- Hand On experience diagnosing network related issues
- Working experience with the following:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.