Mechanical Engineer I - Military veterans preferred
SAIC is seeking a Mechanical Engineer I to support SSC-PAC in San Diego, CA.
This role will be located as SPAWAR Old Town.
- Provide engineering and documentation support for Engineering team at customer
- Efforts will be focused toward COTS integration for
military network systems.
- Responsibilities will include the design and
documentation of equipment cabinets, equipment mounting kits, and equipment
- Create detailed drawings/designs using Solidworks 3D CAD software.
- Will work with senior engineers to create designs and
drawings, perform fit-check/QA on prototype metal assemblies, and support
- Solid model creation/modification and Maintain
configuration management of engineering drawings and technical data package
elements (Generating and Incorporating ECNs).
- Generate detailed Cable fabrication drawings using
AutoCAD and assembly work instructions using MS Word.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Engineering or a related field and 0 years of related experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain an Interim DOD Secret clearance within 60 days of hire date. Must be able to obtain a completed DOD Secret clearance within 12 months of hire date.
- Must be able to obtain a CAC Card prior to start date.
- 1 year of experience in using Solidworks software to create 3D models and associated drawings.
- Experience in the use of 2D drafting AutoCAD software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong technical, interpersonal, written and verbal skills are necessary.
- Candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a team environment and able to take direction and constructive criticism.
- 1 year cumulative experience in the design and fabrication of electronic enclosures and rack mount equipment.
- Experience in the development of EIA enclosures desired.
- Familiarity with military technical drawing creation, review, and change control.
- Thorough knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 and industry documentation standards required.
- Familiarity with military environmental test standards desired.
More Jobs For Veterans...