SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR ASSOCIATE (Job Number:442446)
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is currently looking for Junior-Level System Administrator to work on the AMRDEC COEv3 MMC project in Huntsville Alabama (Redstone Arsenal). The COEv3 Mounted Computing Environment (MCE) system is being developed by the Army as a direct replacement for the currently fielded Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P) system. It will be a state of the art battle command information system that provides integrated, on-the-move, timely, relevant Command and Control / Situational Awareness (C2/SA) information to tactical combat, combat support and combat service support commanders, leaders, and key C2 nodes.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Candidate will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Candidate will be expected to recommend solutions to technical problems/needs of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Candidate will be expected to participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Candidate will ensure that system hardware, operating systems and software systems adhere to project and organizational guidelines/standards.
- Candidate will be expected to follow established organization, project and operating procedures/processes
- Good communication and collaborative skills across multiple projects is a must.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- A working knowledge of Linux operating system.
- A working knowledge of Windows 7 operating system.
- Technical knowledge to answer routine technical questions and assist users in solving hardware/software problems.
- Ability to apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Ability to install and configure new hardware and software items.
- Ability to add, remove, or update user account information, reset passwords, etc.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and ability to get networks up and running.
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Active Security + and Comp TIA Linux+ Certification desired
- Obtain Security + and Comp TIA Linux+ within 6 months of hire.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and zero (0) years or more experience
- Active DoD Secret level clearance desired.
- Must be eligible to obtain DoD Secret level security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 7, 2018, 10:24:49 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job