System Safety Software Engineer (mid-career level)
Job ID: 463676BR
Date posted: Dec. 08, 2018
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space in Huntsville, AL has an immediate opportunity for a mid-career level Software System Safety Engineer who wants to be part developing the future in support of this mission. If you are interested in working for the leader in defense systems, on the leading edge of technology, developing new technologies, join of our team. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your System Safety skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This Software Engineering (SE) position is part of the System Safety Team and provides support to a hypersonic missile program team, specifically the System Software Integrated Product Team (IPT). Reporting to the System Safety Team Lead, you will be responsible for software analysis and assessments related to quality, reliability, and safety; review and analysis of engineering design concepts and software design and development plans and reports; assessments of various hazard analyses, FMEA, and FTA; and assuring compliance with LM and DOD software safety polices and standards.
This position will challenge you to use your strong software background to ensure mission success through the integration of software safety. Work is performed at the LM Space (LMS) campus in Huntsville, Alabama and will require that you interact frequently with multiple external and internal customers. Our hypersonic weapon system program is fast paced with aggressive schedule milestones with occasional travel required.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin.
• 5-10 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other software-related degree
• Experience with the development of large, complex, mission critical or safety-critical software systems
• Experience with reviewing and/or developing software requirements and software development plans and reports
• Experience with the identification and development of safety critical software requirements and analysis of related design concepts
• Experience with software architectures; and systems and software engineering practices
• Experience with Industry or DOD software assurance requirements, standards, manuals and handbooks, and assessing compliance with these products
• Excellent verbal and written English language skills, good communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
• Hold an active Secret security clearance or higher
• Familiarity with MIL-STD-882E system safety and software safety processes and procedures
• Familiarity with developing and evaluating Functional Hazard Analyses (FHA)
• Familiarity with developing and evaluating Failure Modes, Criticality and Effects Analysis (FMECA); and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
• Familiarity with launch vehicle systems such as solid rocket motors; propulsion control; flight dynamics; vehicle system management; fault protection / fault management; and launch, flight, and abort operations / processes
• Familiarity with complex electronics and programmable logic devices
• Familiarity with Agile software development processes
• Ability to interact well in a group setting with team members, development organizations and customers
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2