Director, Diversity & Inclusion
Job ID: 463576BR
Date posted: Dec. 07, 2018
City: Fort Worth, Marietta, Palmdale
State: California, Georgia, Texas
Description:The Director of Diversity & Inclusion will be responsible for effectively executing the Corporate Global Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, Business Area specific strategies and defining and implementing effective best practices that embed diversity and inclusion into the organization’s culture. The Director will be a strategic partner to senior business and HR leadership while serving as a change agent in designing and developing cutting-edge workforce strategies.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Develop and execute the business area’s global diversity and inclusion vision, strategic direction, metrics and organizational effectiveness. Fully execute the LM Human Capital Strategy through a focus on diversity and inclusion.
• Act as a change agent to drive D&I initiatives at a strategic level through strong partnerships across other HR COEs, business leadership and HR leadership.
• Provide thought leadership by developing innovative initiatives and recommendations that drive business strategy and demonstrate the impact of diversity and inclusion to bottom line results.
• Focus on programs that will further the hiring, retention and development of a diverse talent pipeline.
• Provide consulting and insight to the business area HR Vice President around GD&I trends, areas of opportunity, future-focused thinking and competitive programs and practices.
• Lead the business to be a market leader in equitable, complaint, forward thinking and inclusive employment practices. Support enterprise-wide compliance programs and implement business area specific programs.
• Partner with business functions, i.e. Engineering, Finance and Business Development team to leverage opportunities in identifying and creating talent programs and initiatives that support the development of diverse talent pipelines.
• Evolve Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to business focused groups that positively impact the business through effective leadership, engagement, programming and management.
• Conduct research and analysis to provide insight on developing diversity workforce management trends. Benchmark industry best practices to support strategies to monitor and evaluate business area and enterprise-wide progress in creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Define and implement the next generation metrics and measurement tools.
• Build successful relationships among various Centers of Excellence (Talent Acquisition, Communications, Talent & Organizational Capability, WSI and Ethics) to formulate integrated messaging and the integration of diversity and inclusion into communications and development of employees.
• Support EEO related investigations through the enterprise-wide EEO Investigations Team to understand status, areas of opportunity to proactively address trends, and facilitate leadership engagement, as necessary.
• Interface with local, regional and national external organizations to develop strategic partnerships in the areas of compliance (OFCCP and EEOC), best practices sharing (competitors and industry leaders in D&I), and talent identification (MSI’s, NSBE, SHPE, etc.) Market the Lockheed Martin D&I brand to community, customers and educational entities.
• 5+ years of Global Diversity experience leadership
• Knowledge and understanding of compliance, diversity and inclusion principles
• Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership skills (Demonstrated ability of Proven Results; Strong Leadership and results of energizing and motivating a team)
• Strategic Thinking – Ability to lead the organization to the next level of D&I
• Demonstrated experience leading cultural change and influence of key stakeholders.
• Effective communications – both verbal and written
• Program management experience leading a large-scale change management initiative
• Strong presentation and public speaking experience
• Experience representing organization to customers partners, and/or industry
• Strong analytical skills
• Inclusive leadership through strong engagement skills
• Action oriented with effective decision making skills
• Strong business and social acumen and political savviness
• Strong collaboration skills across HR and business functions
• Diplomatic and articulate communication style in dealing with senior executives
• Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
• Proclivity toward teaming, collaboration and customer service
• Ability to build consensus and relationships at all levels of management
• Exposure to LM Business Strategy, Technology Strategy, Human Capital Strategy and GD&I Strategy. All will inform BA GD&I Strategy
• Reliability and sound judgment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Human Resources
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day