Systems Engineer, Reentry Flight Test Projects
Job ID: 463759BR
Date posted: Dec. 07, 2018
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to provide systems engineering support for the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM), Advanced Reentry Projects team.
- Advanced Reentry Projects is responsible for development, build, test and delivery of advanced instrumented Reentry Bodies (RBs).
- Responsibilities within this group include requirements development and verification, conducting systems engineering design reviews, and coordination with multiple disciplines to achieve project milestones including design (mechanical, electrical, RF & Software), flight sciences, Assembly Integration and Test (AI&T), as well as the Navy SP28 customer.
- Will work in a systems role under the direction of a Project Coordinator who is responsible for a particular flight test project.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
• Degree emphasis in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Materials Science, etc.) or equivalent experience.
• Excellent, demonstrated communication, presentation and people skills are required as this position requires frequent briefings to senior leadership as well as the Navy customer
• Must be able to work independently and in a small team environment
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare reports, graphs, and visual
presentation aids, perform measurements, and interpret data
• Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
• Demonstrated knowledge of one or more of the following Systems Engineering disciplines: requirements management, risk management, system architecture development, failure/anomaly investigation, interface requirements development, test plan/procedure development, technical decision making (i.e. trade studies), technical measurements (e.g. TPMs or KPPs), system safety analysis
• Demonstrated experience with ballistic missiles and/or reentry body related engineering and science disciplines including aerodynamics, thermodynamics, structural dynamics, and/or fluid mechanics
• Knowledge of & experience with Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Programs’ Reentry Systems’ products
• Experience reviewing and interpreting engineering drawings is a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2