Program Planner/Scheduler (early to mid-career)
Job ID: 464236BR
Date posted: Dec. 07, 2018
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space in Sunnyvale, CA has an excellent early career to mid-level Program Planner opportunity to work within the Special Programs organization. Special Programs has an excellent track record of stable programs with highly evolving technical requirements that drives subcontract changes on a regular basis. Special Programs has developed a significant number of future leaders with a wide variety of engagement programs and challenging work to develop individual potential. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your planning/scheduling skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future on our Program Planning team!
As our new team member, you will need to be someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, leads by example, and has the desire and ability to influence and foster collaboration and teamwork to generate results with impact. You’ll be part of a team that plans and manages detailed schedule networks from proposal, design, assembly, test, and into operation. It will be important to have a constant desire for learning and growth to stay informed on complex systems and keep pace with emerging technologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Validate cost and schedule integration for effective program performance management and manage vertical and horizontal integration between all schedules and shall be compliant with command media
• Perform time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification, and schedule risk assessments to ensure capability to meet commitments.
• Resolve schedule conflicts, develop and implement work-around strategies and tactical alternatives
• Conduct data and process quality assessments of planning products and prepare for surveillance reviews to ensure compliance with program performance management
• Responsibility for the entire program schedule and work with cross-functional teams to facilitate communication between stakeholders to drive progress and performance, and evaluate changes and status
• Influence overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems
• Assist in negotiating hand-offs between product areas regarding technical content and schedules as well as facilitating workaround planning as required
• Serve as a liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 5 - 10 years of professional experience..
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience supporting complex projects involving a large number of tasks and resource loading into a plan
• Demonstrated ability to compile, prepare, and present information to management and customers
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project required
• Must be a United States citizen
• Ability to obtain a TS/SCI w/ Poly security clearance
• Experience with Microsoft Project Server
• Project management experience or PMP/APICS certification
• Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail and quality
• Ability to liaise with, speak with, and present effectively to personnel at all levels of the organization
• Self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team
• Experience developing Integrated Master Plans and Schedules on an Earned Value Management program
• Strong influencing, communication, and relationship skills
• Candidate must have the ability to learn new software tools and processes
• Experience with compliance requirements and surveillance
• Solid demonstrated knowledge of planning/schedule development and planning processes including critical path analysis
• Experience with audits/reviews
• Ability to create and maintain Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros
• Active TS/SCI w/ Poly security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Program Planning
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2