Systems Engineer Sr
Job ID: 459248BR
Date posted: Dec. 07, 2018
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.Advanced Programs is looking for a systems engineer to join the team. This is a high-visibility, fast-paced environment with opportunities to work a variety of missions.
You will lead planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of multiple engineering projects. You will be required to interact effectively with program leadership, project leads, engineers, and customer personnel. A systems engineer with project leadership experience would be a good fit for this role.
In this role your duties will include:
•Provide direct leadership support to the team in regards to planning, budgeting, and handling multiple initiatives.
•Perform a technical leadership role, responsible for task execution for assigned projects.
•Prepare and lead tasks for new or existing programs.
•Provide timely and accurate insight to key program impacts or
•Lead business rhythms required to accomplish program goals.
•Provide leadership and contribute to the development of white papers, requests for information, proposals, and bases of estimates
•Effectively communicate technical information via written reports and presentations to internal and external partner audiences
•Work with multiple business areas throughout LM, external companies, and government program offices to identify new business opportunities.
•Development of measures of effectiveness and measures of performance
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
• Current TS/SCI.
• Demonstrated project leadership
• Demonstrated experience in leadership with the ability to build effective and trusting relationships with customers, management, teammates, peers and subordinates
• Ability to inspire cooperation, confidence and motivation of engineering teams, define tasks/objectives, close on tasks and deliver results
• Experience planning and executing projects to include technical effort, staffing and spend planning, and measurement and reporting of performance to plan.
• Willingness and demonstrated ability to support proposal activities.
• Able to support occasional business travel requirements as determined by the organization.
• Excellent communication skills, both in presenting and writing.
• Must be comfortable working both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Must be self-motivated and have the ability to prioritize time and work
• Demonstrated customer interface experience
• Background in systems engineering
• Previous experience with mission management, command and control, mission processing, domain and customer base is highly desired.
• Experience leading a team using Agile methodologies for software development.
• Experience in business development
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2