The Cyber Security Services Branch Engineer supports a Civilian Agency Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) organization protecting the network security of tens of thousands of users. The work site is located in Leesburg, Virginia.
The Cyber Security Services Engineer responsibilities include:
• Perform daily vulnerability assessment, threat assessment, mitigation and reporting activities in order to safeguard Agency information assets.
• Perform vulnerability scanning on Information Systems to ensure protection has been put in place on those systems.
• Conduct remote administration to include managing accounts, passwords, server updates, patching, and backups of Windows and Linux/Unix servers.
• Provide incident response functions when appropriate and coordinate activities with site Incident Handlers.
• Conduct research pertaining to the latest viruses, worms, etc. and the latest technological advances in combating unauthorized access to information.
• Write guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and other technical documentation.
• Support Information Assurance asset deployments, upgrades, and maintenance; including servers, databases, network assets and wireless intrusion detection (WIDS) LAN security
• Assess and review current technology infrastructure to identify key risks areas, and ensure adequate level of control are in place to address those risks.
• Recommend technological and architectural upgrades/modifications to Agency's Information Systems Security architecture.
• Perform other Network Security/Information Assurance tasks as assigned.
• Support the Agency in publishing incidents, alerts, advisories and bulletins as required.
• Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer Representative and SOC management.
Qualities/Additional info: Cyber Security Services Engineer should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills. Cyber Security Services Branch Team Member should be a self-starter, capable of independently working projects. Frequent interaction with government client is required. Occasional local travel. Infrequent (<5%) local travel, infrequent (<5%) long distance