SAIC is seeking multiple Java Developers "All Levels" to join our team supporting work for the U.S. Army Human Resources Command.
These are REMOTE / Work From Home positions.
The developers will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command.
• Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
• Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
• Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
• 2 to 5 years of software development experience developing Java web applications.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field;or a Master’s degree in a related discipline and zero years’ professional experience. Four (4) additional years of related experience considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.or an Associates degree in a related discipline and 4 years' related experience.
• Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
• Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
• Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
• Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar)
• Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
• Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
• Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
• Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
• Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
• Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
• US Citizen – No dual citizenship.
• Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract .
• Must be CompTIA Security+ certified.
• Must obtain a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer, with the first 90 days of employment.
• Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program.
• Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.).
• Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
• Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate.
• Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
• Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
• Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP.
• Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer or Oracle Certified Professional SE 8 Programmer. WORK LOCATION: Virtual / Remote / Work from Home