SAIC is hiring a Network Administrator to support the High Performance Computing Modernization Program in Vicksburg, MS. Relocation assistance is available! This is a great opportunity that offers growth potential.
• In support of the High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) Integrated Technical Services (HITS) task order contract, Team SAIC provides program management and technical support necessary to advance the services, capabilities, infrastructure, and technologies in the HPCMP supercomputing centers.
• Responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and installation of network infrastructure and promotes consistancy in processes and documentation by maintaining network diagrams, documentation and labeling of network components and cabling.
• Participates, as directed by the capability team lead, in root cause analysis and management escalation activities
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of high speed (40Gb/s or greater) network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network and makes recommendations to the Capability Team Lead and ERDC Site Lead on network infrastructure upgrades.
• Serve as mentor to less experienced network administrators and participate as a full member of the HITS Enterprise Network Capability Team participating in meetings and assisting with network activities at other centers as requested.
Mandatory Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work closely with other IT disciplines such as system administrators and security staff.
• Ability to develop and maintain clear and extensive documentation of the network enclave including detailed network topology diagrams, network cabinet elevations, wiring diagrams and procedures for the operation and maintenance of the network enclave.
• Ability to work with little oversight to accomplish network infrastructure installation, configuration and maintenance.
• Possess strong verbal/written communication skills.
Desired Skills and Abilities
• Brocade Core and Edge routers/switches
• Juniper Firewall installation, configuration and policy management
• Arista Systems Routers and Switches
• Running of both copper and fiber cables to connect systems and infrastructure servers in an HPC environment at speeds of 40Gb/s or greater
• General knowledge working with CISCO networking technologies
• Basic UNIX/LINUX system skills
• Microsoft Visio and entire Office suite
Education and Background Required
• Bachelors and 4+ years of experience; Associate's and 4-5+ years of experience or a HS Diploma and 5-6+ years of experience in lieu of a degree.
• Hold an active DoD TS clearance, would also consider candidates that have an interim TS or a Secret and a SSBI.
• DoD 8570 Certification compliance – Baseline (Security+, Network+, etc) and Computing Environment (BCNP, BCNE, CCENT, CCNA, CCIE, etc) certifications
• May require occasional after hours support and response to emergency situations for problem resolution