The successful candidate will perform requirements definition, design, development, and integration & test of Special Test Equipment (STE) used for prime-item engineering development, production support and depot maintenance/re-work of airborne processor modules for the F-16 Program and other SAS efforts. The job consists of performing and supporting a wide-variety of in-house STE design, development, integration & test tasks to deliver test system solutions to Raytheon production facilities, prime contractor and/or U.S. Government. This position will require proactive interaction and collaboration with personnel from several functional disciplines to design, build, assemble, and test the STE. The job tasks will include documentation preparation, STE concept development, schematic & wiring diagram definition, computer-aided design, SCM/supplier technical exchange, bench & laboratory testing, and product demonstration & sell-off.
- 6+ years of related work experience
- Prior experience in digital design development role using both Test Consoles, Interface Test Adapters (ITA), and COTS components to deliver both common and stand-alone test equipment solutions
- Prior design experience leading or directly participating in development of low-to-medium complexity Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA)s
- Prior experience with generating test applications (i.e., test software) to support prime-item development and production
- In-depth understanding of COTS computer architecture, interconnect and/or interfaces, and industry standard communication protocols and busses
- Demonstrated ability to perform test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis with directly-relevant experience
- Active background investigation. Secret or better clearance.
- Experience with embedded firmware design, development, and de-bug application environment and tools
- Experience in test equipment calibration, instrumentation, and environmental stimulus application (vibration and thermal profiles)
- Experience working in the engineering laboratory and transition to production environments performing STE hardware, software, & firmware integration and test activities
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-discipline team
BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Computer Engineering
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering is highly-desirable
Additional training and/or certifications with applicability to test equipment design development, integration, and test tools are also desirable?
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.