Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of the advanced electrical scanned radar (APG-79 AESA) sensor system for the U.S. Navy’s F/A-18 Aircraft. This AESA Systems provides the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Tactical Radar Systems Department supports the development of new capabilities and this key contributor will interface with the Lead System engineer and mode developers on the APG-79 systems during development and sell off.
Primary job functions will involve understanding Customer requirements: Work as a Cost account manager (CAM)/IPTL to cost and schedule performance meet the program needs. Related day-to-day duties include: Reporting status, updating integrated master schedules throughout the program life cycle. This individual will interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis, conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress updates and work product status to the team lead.
These activities include:
- Provide CAM support to an advanced technical program
- Work closely with engineering functional and technical management to ensure on time deliveries.
- The candidate will need to take EVMS training and become certified and be able to present financial status.
- Must have a BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline.
- Experience with government programs.
The candidate will be expected to take on an increasing levels of responsibilities and expand their technical knowledge while supporting the CAM and IPTL duties.
Interface with system mode team, software and verification teams to manage risks during the integration and testing phases. Required Skills:
- Minimum 2 years US government system experience or relevant advanced education combined with experience
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience in management of a budget
- Effective interface with senior-level leaders, end users, analyst, and customer personnel in a diverse team setting
- Works independently, determines & develops approaches to solutions to meet program objectives
- Effective presentation skills
Required Education (Including Major):
- Data Reduction and Data Analysis experience
- Working knowledge of radars
- Experience performing system level troubleshooting
- Six Sigma practical knowledge and / or project experience desired (formal Six Sigma training or certification preferred).
Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent in engineering, math, or science
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.