General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core Hrs 8-430
• Schedule appointments for multiple senior leaders and team chiefs, Front Office across multiple campuses
• Coordinate conference room scheduling
• Review upcoming calendar events and prepare a daily calendar for Chief.
• Assist Executive Officer in planning and executing corporate events (conferences, off-sites, division-wide events and possible liaison visits)
• Anticipate and research topics that are of interest to division and prepare/brief status reports, background books and/or talking points
• Gather info for any talking points as needed on the meeting attendees and/or topics of interest for the meeting
• Capture weekly minutes from various meetings and highlight action items for drafts and prepares non-routine letters, memos, documents and various reports
• Review/edit incoming correspondence and disseminating appropriately
• Prepare, format, proofread and print/send correspondence, memoranda and other documentation
• Pass security clearances and escort visitors as needed
• Initiate access requests, set up new account for arrivals and removing access for departures.
• Create and submit travel, training, and POV vouchers
• Order office supplies, arrange for office equipment repair, assist with installation of new software and participate in planning of office renovation projects
• Monitor emails for actions. Create action items and sends out reminders
• Maintain accurate records and file management system, to include archiving files and correspondence as necessary
• Provide information, guidance, and advice to team members on administrative processes, policies and regulations
• Evaluate, propose, and/or implement innovative and/or new administrative processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Expected to write and communicate in a professional manner
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of related administrative experience.
Use good judgement and pays attention to detail
Ability to identify areas from improvement without oversight; self-starter
Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to deal effectively and discreetly with people at all levels
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Bachelor's Degree Preferred