General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core hours: 8:30-5:00
Manage calendars for a Chief, Deputy Chief, and other Senior staff on a daily basis with potential for frequent updates throughout the day, and respond to meeting invitations/updates in coordination with management. Prioritize email response/action items, and screen calls on behalf of managements. Answer phones and take messages using appropriate security considerations. Must be familiar with, or able to quickly become familiar with, office protocols and security constraints/concerns. Ensure draft documentation meets customer standards and is free from typos and grammatical errors. Support coordination of on-site and occasional off-site meetings, to sometimes include coordination with external vendors (e.g., food, hospitality, etc.). Attend weekly staff meetings and other ad hoc meetings as required to take notes, track actions, and provide updates on administrative activities. Assist with some HR processes, Time & Attendance certs, and travel processing. Organize and update filing systems, and archive files as needed. Track office supplies and order as needed, as well as schedule maintenance and servicing of office IT equipment. Proficiency with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other tools in order to format and adapt submitted correspondence for ease of presentation. Ability to track edits and multiple versions of documents. Ability to grasp and use software applications to schedule conference rooms, as well as to write cables and other required documents. Possess strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to multi-task.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Bachelor's Degree Preferred