General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs various advanced administrative and secretarial duties in support of a company or customer executive. Typically supports executive(s) at the VP level.
Core Hours 10-3. Maybe flexible, case to case with start date.
• High-level of organizational awareness and the ability to operate within a fast-paced environment that has continually evolving demands
• Provide daily support to Principal to include prioritizing requests
• Calendar Management /proactively identify conflicts and resolve or escalate
• Interact with FO Admins in outside groups, as well as senior level executives within the office, to coordinate meetings, schedules, and communications
• Prepare meeting materials, briefing packages, read-ahead materials, background information or any necessary items for each meeting
• Responsible for tacking action items, maintaining a calendar of meetings and events (to include deadlines for deliverables) and ensuring all action items or deliverables are completed on time
• Meeting Recorder
• Collect required information for access requests, scheduling conference rooms, verifying attendees, etc. in support of meetings
• Field issues/questions independently when possible
• Order and inventory supplies
• Must have experience working in FO and be able to interact with senior level management in a professional manner.
• Awareness of customer protocols organizational structure
• Impeccable written and verbal communication skills sufficient to draft communications to senior management
1. Prepares and types correspondence, reports, presentation materials, and memoranda, usually of a confidential nature.
2. Answers and screens telephone calls and responds to routine inquiries.
3. Prepares and maintains files and other records.
4. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
5. May take dictation and transcribe notes.
6. Processes expense reports.
7. Creates spreadsheets and maintains databases.
8. May provide work leadership to less-experienced administrative staff.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.