General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
The shift for this opening is 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Shifts are worked on a 3on/4off, 4on/3off basis, with days of work being Sunday - Wednesday.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer, network and storage system administration and support.
Knowledge of related hardware and software i.e. Server, Unix/Linux, Cisco, and Microsoft products.
May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment
Knowledge of basic networking principles (routing, DNS, etc.) and/or system administration (perfmon, services, software installation, etc.) desired
Working knowledge of enterprise monitoring technologies (BMC BEM/SIM/BPPM, HP NNM, CA eHealth, etc.) and ITSM suites (Remedy, Siebel, HP Service Desk, etc.) desired.
Hands-on experience with one or more of the following technologies strongly desired:
*Microsoft Exchange (2010 preferred) - recipient administration, server administration, monitoring, break-fix, OWA *Netbackup - monitoring scheduled backup jobs, restarting backups, executing restores, verification of backup data integrity *SAN/NAS - monitoring status, basic troubleshooting, space allocation *Virtualization - monitoring or supporting virtual servers and desktops using Citrix and VMWare *Imagery libraries and imagery exploitation systems - Troubleshooting imagery flow, systems interfaces, availability of images and throughput of imagery systems *Experience in technical operations at DOD agencies, particularly NGA and DIA
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers’ challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference – helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.