full-time employee contract
ManTech International Corporation is looking for a Senior Security Specialist for our client location in Washington DC.
• Provide advice and counsel to Federal personnel with respect to the protection of National Security Information (NSI). Make recommendations on policies and guidelines in accordance with federal mandates.
• Support the management of the EPA NSI Program in accordance with current federal requirements to include, but not limited to:
• Managing EPA’s classified material inventory and access to it, to include markings, storage, handling and transportation of classified materials
• Managing Secure Accredited Facilities (SAFs) and Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs); performing regular accreditation reviews to ensure all spaces where classified operations may be performed are built and maintained appropriately, to include the review of secure room construction specifications and plans for acceptability
• Performing audits of derivatively classified material to ensure marking accuracy; facilitating the development of classification and declassification guides, if required
• Ensuring the agency can process classified information on the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS)
• Issuing HSDN Tokens and verifying SCI accesses in Scattered Castles
• Monthly testing of STEs and secure faxes
• Supporting Federally-mandated nationwide inspections and assessments of Program Offices, Regions and Laboratories that handle NSI and SCI material
• Conducting preliminary inquiries to resolve classified security breaches and violations;
• Conducting interviews of clearance holders, annually, to determine the level of understanding and compliance with the program’s requirements
• Conducting all required security trainings, to include: clearance indoctrinations, debriefs, foreign travel briefs and courier briefs
• Preparing SOPs on all facets of the NSI Program and developing best practices.
• 6-8 years of related experience
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good communications skills
• Adept at meeting evolving mission needs
• Strong commitment to customer service
• Active TS/SCI
Location: Washington DC