The Special Mission Aircraft product line, part of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems within Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems, seeks a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to support Special Mission Aircraft (SMA) pursuits and programs. The position will reside in the Special Mission Aircraft section within the Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) center.
The primary function is to support development and integration / test activities for a large, complex airborne system. This includes designing, implementing, and troubleshooting enterprise-class computer networking equipment for airborne and ground applications. The position requires internal and external vendor coordination, and on-call engineering support to operational systems. The role will pertain to the entire deliverable airborne system solution, along with the supporting ground, ground mobile, and SIL components.
Job Related Activities:
- Design/support setup of network infrastructure in labs, aircraft, and ground stations
- Support network design and implementation on development and production efforts
- Work with and support program security to resolve/address network security compliance
- Development and review of engineering change proposals to ensure solutions are compliant to system level performance and requirements
- Evaluate and review product baseline changes
- Ability to conduct system level and product level trade studies
- Requirements analysis, definition, functional decomposition, derivation, and allocation
- International & Domestic Travel (50%)
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Experience with networking protocols and techniques that include Ethernet, TCP/IP, VLANs, multicast routing, multiple spanning tree, SNMP, and use of packet capture utilities to analyze and diagnose problems
- CCNP Cisco certification and/or equivalent experience
- Experience with the configuration and maintenance of computer operating systems (both workstation and server), including Windows, Linux, and VMware ESXi
- Ability to map system operational needs into an overall networking strategy, to include recommendations surrounding hardware, software, and networking equipment selection in order to meet anticipated throughput and performance requirements
- Experience setting up line-of-sight and SATCOM transceivers, including troubleshooting wireless communication issues, crypto modules, and traffic shaping/prioritization
- Working knowledge of other Engineering disciplines (EE RF Analog, EE Digital, ME, SW)
- Knowledge of systems engineering discipline from requirements through verification
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
B.S. in Electrical / Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline Desired Education:
M.S. in Electrical / Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline or related disciplineThis position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.