The Mechanical Subsystems Directorate (MSD), Land Warfare / Precision Control Mechanisms Group is currently searching for a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer I to work on a multi-discipline team to lead the design of land warfare and missile subsystems using the CAD tool CREO (Pro/E). This position is located in McKinney, TX.
Responsibilities may include concept development, detailed design, analysis, integration and test, and support of transition to production efforts. Additional duties may include factory production line support in the areas of root cause and corrective action and problem resolution at various suppliers. Candidate will work closely with Integrated Product Team Leads/Program Managers ensuring engineering requirements are defined, risks are managed and schedules/budgets are met. Candidate will work under supervision of senior Mechanical Engineering staff, while exercising responsibility in determining and meeting the technical, financial and schedule objectives of projects. As a Mechanical Engineer, decisions are data driven in nature and require preparing technical justification analysis reports as well as presenting to a variety of Engineering Review Boards.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
Desired Education, Experience and Skills:
- US Citizenship is required
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace, or other Engineering discipline
- Four (4) years of directly related work experience in mechanical design and design documentation
- Mechanical aptitude to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Proficient in 3D CAD tools (modeling and drawing)
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI Y14.5
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of theDepartment of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Experience in mechanical subsystems design and packaging, materials, tolerance application, thermal, structural analysis, energetics principals, control systems, interconnect, airframe, large assembly development, and / or design for producibility
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis
- Proficient in CREO (modeling and drawing) 3D modeling CAD tools
- Industry related mechanical design and documentation experience
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Business acumen
- Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
- Active DoD issued security clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.