The Business Development Manager position plays a key role qualifying and winning new business, developing and executing strategy, and ensuring customer development. This experienced Manager must identify market needs & growth areas for RVS, have a solid technical background and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and products, work with existing customers and establish new customer relationships, develop strategies and deploy tactics to execute and meet our annual operating plans.
This position will operate under the guidance of the Business Development lead for RVS and the Emerging Technology Product Line Leader, and will adhere to established proposal processes, assist with or efficiently run minor & major proposal efforts, conduct Strategy & Gate reviews, develop ROM cost estimates, and generate Price to Win strategies and win themes. This BD Manager leads development of Product Line Strategies, briefs leadership and leads business development, opportunity shaping, proposal management and capture to meet their assigned bookings plan. This individual will lead new business planning, prediction & monitoring in their assigned markets, develop customer contact plans and host / support / plan customer meetings. In addition, this individual will lead identification and support of conferences and trade shows related to their assignment as required. He/She will participate in customer wants/needs tracking and assessment, and will bring broad market knowledge to assist in identification and qualification of new business opportunities. This position will lead the development of capability white papers, customer presentations, and developing and managing marketing collateral materials consistent with Raytheon policy, RVS strategy and technology roadmaps. The position will leverage Raytheon USBD and Raytheon International resources, search for and utilize Raytheon resources for market information, conduct general market and competitive intelligence research.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Key Job Duties include:
- Meet RVS’s annual operating plan and develop a robust pipeline for the Emerging product line by developing customer research and development opportunities for new customers and/or new technology areas, consistent with RVS strategy
- Develop customer relationships, clearly communicate RVS capabilities, and develop approaches and solutions to fit customer needs. Facilitate continuing programs and technology areas with existing customers
- Participate in and host/coordinate/facilitate customer meetings
- Develop cost and price to win analyses and cost estimates
- Execute the RVS Integrated Product Development process for business capture. Oversee and create proposals and conduct gate reviews
- Develop RVS capability white papers, product analysis, and various presentations
- Prepare marketing materials
- Participate in market, environment, and customer analysis activities with the business area lead
- Some travel will be required to support Customer meetings, Industry events and conferences
- Leadership: provide business development and capture leadership under the direction of the Business Development Lead for assigned market area.
- Develop the Business: Develop a business strategy consistent with product line goals and market penetration plan to grow the market area.
- Apply Technical Expertise: Know and understand core technologies for the product line to be able to coordinate and communicate between customers and internal operations, and lead assigned market pursuit strategy.
- Structure and Staff: Work with colleagues for customer development, whitepapers, new market capture activities and proposals.
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience in Business Development, Capture or Acquisition/ Program Leadership / Engineering
- Known leader with key government & prime customers and/or ability to rapidly re-establish contacts.
- Experience in bidding, cost projection, effective communication/presentation, roadmap generation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to develop business plans for long term growth.
- Engineering or scientific background with the ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
- Program/project management, interpersonal communication team building and collaboration across business skills. Ability to interface at the Director, Vice President level and above.
- Intelligence gathering and assessment of market segments, customers, competition, including realistic assessment of opportunities, status updates, and partnerships.
- Identification of funding line items on program aligned with US Government budgeted line items.
- Innovative thinker with strong initiative.
- Systems solutions thinker to address customer needs.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Secret Clearance
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance
- Current TS/SCI Clearance
- Background in the design/development of Infrared and visible imaging technologies
- BA or BS degree in a related field.
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.