General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core Hours 0730-1300. Responsible for scheduling foreign language tests. Update Language Administration System with relevant foreign language testing details and information. Will troubleshoot technical issues with testing systems(audio/video system, computer test. Ensure testing database information is accurate. Responsible for monitoring emails and phone calls and responding appropriately to all customers. Conduct daily briefings to officers attending their foreign language test. May be tasked to conduct testing briefings in other venues as well. Will be the main POC for the applicant testing program. Responsible for escorting applicants to the testing room, provide detailed information to applicants, serve as a proctor during testing and escort applicants back to center when finished. This may require travel to another facility at least once per week. Should provide input and suggestions on improvements and efficiencies on processes. Keep management, colleagues, and customers on any issues or important matters. Required to cross-train and provide back up for other admins within the office. Responsible for maintaining supplies and follow procedures when loaning materials out and ensure all material is checked in and accounted for. Considerable initiative, strong organizational skills, ability to work with minimal supervision and excellent customer service.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as outside contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
1-3 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.