• SAIC is looking for a Senior level Intelligent Automation Architect/Engineer to transform and mechanize End User Services on an enterprise-wide IT infrastructure program for a large federal- civilian government agency.
• The Successful candidate will be responsible for the overall transformation of the existing global service desk (supporting several thousand government customers) to Digital or Self-help options using a variety of methods such as AI, streamlined workflows and other methods.
• This is an exciting opportunity to bring transformative service desk automation methods to an established service desk.
• Assesses and creates a roadmap for intelligent automation, starting with the End User Support services with the potential to expand automation to other areas such as advanced workflow, document generation and mobile apps and forms.
• Designs, plans, and integrates Service desk automation methods using AI or other methods (Chat/Bot/messaging, etc.) to drive customer ability to self-help
• Develops automation scripts (for Chat Bot or other like AI products) for efficient deployment and operations of the service desk leading to improved user experience and overall reductions in cost.
• Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in AI and Service Desk automation products and services such as chatbot, servicedesk plus, etc.
• Evaluates and reports on AI technologies to enhance capabilities of Service Desk functionality
• Overall responsibility for strategy and implementation of intelligent automation technologies including robotic process automation, chat bot, and others Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Promote ITIL process improvement and improve customer satisfaction on the Service Desk
• Ability to integrate automated solutions into ServiceNow ITSM platform.
• Develops creative technical solutions to complex problems.
• Guides the successful completion of major programs.
• Represents the organization as a prime technical contact on projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters.
• Work is performed without appreciable direction and reviewed for desired results.
• Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Establishes and recommends changes to policies.
• Familiar with Agile development processes.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree)
• Fourteen + (14 years overall experience.
• 5 – 10 years of Service Desk Management Experience
• Experience integrating AI services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions
• Experience with Servicenow ITSM platform
• Experience running a global or national service desk
• Experience Automating IT support processes like incident, change, provision, event, knowledge and service management
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• US Citizenship is required
• Able to obtain (and maintain) GEO Public Trust designation as a condition of employment.
• Able to travel up to 5 percent
• Position is remote/telecommute based, 95 percent
Desired Experience and Certifications:
• ITIL Foundations (Expert Preferred)
• Experience developing workflow integration between a variety of AI Platforms and ServiceNow.
• Experience with Chatbot and AI scripting