• Seeking Experienced Engineering Technician to support the Maritime Electronic Warfare Program with background in Electronic Warfare as well as technical engineering and configuration management support in the functional areas of System Engineering, HM&E, and Production Control.
• Candidate should also have knowledge in the area of sensors, decoys, radars, Post Delivery and Production issues, as well as a strong working knowledge of shipyard construction, and equipment installation and testing phases during ship construction.
• Support for the Bath Aegis Test Team; Provide Engineering and Technical services for the AN/SLQ- 32, MK 53 Decoy system, and other EW Ancillary Systems. Tasking includes review of technical and supply documentation and test equipment, monitoring and reporting on the progress of the industrial infrastructure portion of shipboard system installations for AN/SLQ-32(V), and installation of any other Electronic Warfare ancillary system for which NSWC Crane Maritime Electronic Warfare Division is the In-Service Engineering Agent (ISEA). Responsible for providing documented assessment of the readiness and adequacy of the systems tested in preparation for at sea demonstrations.
• Provide services and support in shipyard and during underway sea trial demonstrations using approved test procedures to determine the material condition of the systems and ensure systems are functioning in a technically acceptable manor within specified tolerance. Responsible for inspecting, validating, and documenting equipment/systems discrepancies via observation reports and trial cards.
• Develop and support technical reviews of Preliminary Engineering Change Proposals (PECPs). Review/ensure the accuracy and completeness of Engineering Change Proposals prior to being submitted to the shipyard for scoping.
• Collaborate with the SCN Combat System Engineer and Combat System Integration Manager to develop solutions to problems associated with interfacing SSQ-82 Mute with various radars identified by the shipbuilder during installation, and test phase of the ship construction.
• Develop briefs in support of PMS337R for presentations during QPRs and working groups splinter sessions.
• Maintain, monitor and review the Combat/C4I Work Item database used for planning work addressed by shipyard deficiencies to be accomplished during PDA/PSA availability.
• Provide technical recommendations to correct shipyard deficiencies.
• Serve as technical SME and onsite representative at Ingalls Shipyard for the AN/SLQ- 32(V), AN/SLA-10, MK 53 Decoy and Electronic Warfare ancillary systems. Candidate will act as the liaison to the AEGIS and Coast Guard, ship- building programs for the AN/SLQ-32(V) and MK 53 Decoy systems and correspond with various shipyards and program/project offices.
• AA Degree and 9+ years’ experience or High School and 11+ years’ experience
• Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance.
• Technician experience on EW Programs with support for shipyard construction and shipyard installations.
• Familiarity/past experience with the AEGIS, SLQ- 32, LHA 6, LHD 7 & 8, and DDG 1000 programs