full-time employee contract
Join the ManTech Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions Group and become an integral member of a diverse Engineering team. For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex national security problems. We are comprised of approximately 8,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base expands and diversifies, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech is currently seeking an RF/Wireless Systems Subject Matter Expert (SME) who will provide support in developing long-term strategic initiatives for our customer organization to meet present and future mission needs. The scope of strategic initiatives may include the coordination of design, development, analysis, and deployment of innovative equipment, projects, cutting edge technologies, or operations for the use of complex special communications capabilities or solutions.
The RF Subject Matter Expert functions as a technical specialist or supervisory role. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise.
The RF Subject Matter Expert will support the following strategic leadership activities: identifying, analyzing, defining, and coordinating user, customer, and stakeholder needs and translating them into technical or operational requirements for the research, development, production, and/or procurement of processes, systems, and/or service.
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or Management Information Systems) or equivalent, and two to four years of related (data center environment) experience. OR HS Degree and 10+ years of experience
• Ability to obtain a DoD secret clearance
• Experience with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
• Advanced knowledge of RF planning process and use of propagation tools in point-to-point, point-to-multipoint design of highly reliable radio
• Ability to perform and coordinate all stages of RF design, including: optimal site selection, link budget analysis, and RF sweep evaluation
• Familiar with multiple wireless system architectures, to include wireless LANs, SATCOM and commercial cellular
• Technical Experience in the following: requirements gathering, link budgets, network evaluation, path feasibility evaluation, development of high-level design drawings in Visio or similar tool, specification of equipment.
Preferred experience with VIZIO or a similar program and design experience with AT&T and/or Verizon