Senior Material Program Manager (MPM) will be responsible for production and development contracts as well as proposal activity supporting Standard Missile Programs. This senior level manager position requires a strong leader with demonstrated functional and project management skills who can be directly accountable for ensuring overall supply chain function performance. Successful candidates should be self-starters, capable of developing and achieving organizational, department and program objectives, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
This position can be located in Tucson, AZ or Huntsville, AL.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
The successful leader will have a strong background in supply chain management and experience working with Program Management Office (PMO). As an integral member of the Standard Missile SCM team this MPM role will have direct contact to internal and external customers, including Program Office, Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Contracts as well as the Customer. Responsibilities include developing material strategies; oversight for the preparation and execution of Material Program Plans (MPPs); identifying and mitigating program risks as they pertain to material requirements; Material Sales Management/Forecasting, Supplier Management Reviews, Proposals and Program Business Reviews; resolving Supply Chain issues for the program; supporting Supplier negotiations as required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Required Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Align and optimize the SCM strategy across the current SPM, MPM, and SE functions on SM-3 Programs
- Responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of affordability and efficiency initiatives as they relate to the material budget and the internal SCM team. This also includes working directly with suppliers to identify cost savings opportunities
- Developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans
- Developing an overseeing functional overhead budgets and tracking performance to plan
- Establishing program goals for supplier delivery/quality, employee development and tracking Supply Chain performance to meet program AOP (annual operating plan) metrics
- Creating, managing, and executing material program strategy (MPS) and the material program plans (MPP)
- Insuring functional compliance to all DOD, FAR, Export/Import and Raytheon Policies
- Providing comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities and ensuring compliance for the programs and tailoring when applicable
- Overall ownership of the supplier management processes including supplier performance, SCM metrics, international issues, Make/Buy Where strategy, strategic agreements, and communication of customer flow through requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for small business participation and to meet division supplier diversity goals
- Monitoring and proactively addressing performance and financial metrics including those related to cost, schedule, quality, and EVMS
- Developing and tracking budgets, targets, working capital, initiating and maintaining accurate sales forecasts, and EACs
- Reviewing and approving material functional proposals including risks and opportunities
- Flowing down Supplier Management Best Practices to suppliers which include risk mitigation and subcontract management plans
- Leading an organization of 10-15 direct and 10 indirect supply chain professionals in Tucson as well as Huntsville - including providing leadership, performance management, career development, and mentoring. Also includes oversight of subcontractors and their performance.
Desired Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Finance, Operations or related field is required
- Minimum of 12 years of related progressive experience in supply chain, material program management, manufacturing, engineering, finance, contracts, program management and/or quality functions
- Supply chain experience in the Aerospace, Defense, or commodities-related industry
- Demonstrated ability to manage direct reports and managers of specific Supply chain functions
- Ability to obtain final DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Experienced leader communicating and presenting to all levels of Management and senior leadership
- EVMS, Earned Value certification
- Demonstrated experience in risk and opportunity management, cost estimation, cost accounting, planning, process development/deployment and integrated team coordination
- U.S. Citizenship
Security Clearance: This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of a Secret security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at
- MBA, Masters in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Active Secret DoD clearance
- Raytheon MPM Level 2 Certification or the ability to achieve within one year
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
- Working experience as a Cost Account Manager
- Knowledge and systems application of ERP/MRP with SAP experience a plus
- Experience supporting/leading proposal efforts
- Experience implementing continuous improvement, Six Sigma or Lean methodologies/principals
- Working and practical knowledge of Raytheon Production Systems and Integrated Product Development System (IPDS)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.