Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon! Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore.
Candidate must be US Citizen as this role will require the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
Note: Candidates with a current TS/SCI Security Clearance or higher are eligible for a $20,000 sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon
Raytheon is seeking a talented, experienced and passionate Software Engineer / DevOps Developer to join our DevOps Transformation team. You will be responsible for supporting our team and programs in their journey to adopt DevOps skills, tools and culture as a new way of working. In our dojo, you will collaborate with other transformation team members to help program teams learn how to better write, test, package, build, integrate, secure, deploy, operate, and monitor system capabilities in new and legacy software. And help them to embrace automation, deliver small batches, and work in agile cross-disciplined teams.
• Executing practical application of agile behavior. Participating in planning, backlog grooming, standups, and retrospectives.
• Learning and adopting multiple roles within the transformation team.
• Developing software applications alongside program teams-in-training, in their own codebase, incorporating and sharing test, build, package, refactoring, etc. skills
• Helping teams-in-training add test and other pipeline automation to their existing systems
• Assisting the transformation team improve how it transforms other teams, through advancement of the dojo infrastructure, team capabilities, and training material.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance and US Citizenship required.
• Full stack developer: 8+ years of experience in Java or C++ and with build, test and deploy automation tools (junit, cucumber, ruby, python, perl, etc), and with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins), configuration management tools (e.g. Chef)
• At least 8+ years of experience in agile development.
• Experience with cloud and containerization: AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work closely with other engineers and management
• Ability to develop and deliver training material.
• Hands-on experience using an Agile planning tool such as JIRA.
• Agile certification
• Software architecture experience including 12 Factor App, microservices
• Technical lead experience
• 8+ years of experience with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.