Systems Engineer - Military veterans preferred
- SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer located in Aurora, CO.
- Engineering lead and chief coordinator for operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and site leadership.
- Reviews status of projects; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses project issues and develops proposed resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Maintain a mechanism for monitoring project progress and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and stakeholders.
- Perform or review security incident investigations understanding power plants, public works, and, state and local infrastructure.
- Assist in developing responses to internal & external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Direct technical system analysis on the networks associated with the customer.
- Research emerging technologies in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 9+ yrs experience or Masters and 7+ or PhD and 4+ yrs exp
- Experience with project scheduling and work planning tools.
- Demonstrated ability in the following project management methodologies.
- Resource Planning; Schedule Development.
- Functional Requirements Definition.
- Change Control and Configuration Management.
- Reports and Project Reporting Templates.
- Project Initiation and Solution Analysis; Activity Definition and Sequencing.
- Project Execution and Control.
- Excels in all project manager competencies.
- Demonstrated ability in analytical and planning skills.
- Effective communication skills in both verbal and written form to all levels of management, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Working knowledge of industry accepted methodologies, policies, standards, procedures and practices.
- Excels at team building and leadership skills with a professional demeanor.
•Performed extensive risk management and/or quality assurance experience.
- Ability to handle complex management environments with multiple vendors, agencies, stakeholders and matrix accountability structures.
- Ability to balance creativity, problem solving and technical skills to realize project success.
More Jobs For Veterans...