Cloud / Networking Engineer - Military veterans preferred
- SAIC has a new opportunity for a Cloud/Networking Engineer to work on an exciting, fast-paced program.
- This position provides direct Cloud Engineering support to a government program office.
- Design, create and maintain VPNs between various AWS environments and on- premises environments.
- Provision, configure and support various Amazon Web Services (AWS) (e.g., EC2, VPNs, ELBs, RDSs, account access, security groups, route tables, subnets, NACLs).
- Manage and support Linux systems and Windows systems.
- Build and maintain scripts to manage the cloud infrastructure and server instances.
- Conduct short-term and long-term network architecture planning to meet current and expanding business requirements.
- Troubleshoot router and switch connectivity.
- Provide top- level network support within defined SLAs.
- Develop testing and implementation plans for projects with multiple environments.
- Support IA activities associated with obtaining IA approval for the various AWS environments.
- Consistently provide high quality work in a deadline driven environment.
- Accountable for accomplishing tasks both independently and collaboratively.
Required Education and Experience:
- Successfully provided automation solutions using PowerShell, Python and JSON.
- Strong prior scripting experience.
- Experience installing and configuring AWS services.
- Platform and OS experience: CentOS 6 and 7, RHEL 6 and 7, Windows 7, Windows 2016.
- Strong experience with WAN/LAN technologies, legacy protocols, and networking techniques.
- Experience with various networking components such as: Cisco equipment, ACLs, Firewalls, VPN, MPLS, SSL, TLS, SMTP, DNS, DCHP.
- Experience with remote access technology such as: Citrix, OWA, Juniper (SSL VPN), Cisco VPN, etc.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Capable of multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment, effectively and efficiently.
- Polished communicator, technical topics readily understood by all stakeholders. Strong documentation skills, a superior technical writer.
- Outstanding client service skills, discretion and judgment engenders trust and confidence from all stakeholders. Highly self-motivated, proactive team player with impeccable attention to detail.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Industry certifications preferred.
- network or network management experience in a technical networking role, including – but not limited to – design, implementation, disaster recovery, network security architecture and engineering.
- TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience supporting cloud development programs for an IC customer.
- Experience with AD, DNS and Microsoft back office.
- Experience supporting medium to large networks; data center management; cloud infrastructure management.
- Employed various networking tools and protocols.
- Demonstrated understanding of network security.
- Desire to stay current with new technology solutions.
More Jobs For Veterans...