This opening is for a Production Test Engineer in the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) of Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business unit. This position is based in Forest, MS, and will support hardware test and troubleshoot of complex electronic systems, units and modules associated with military radar and communications products. Responsibilities include development and maintenance of Test Procedures, root cause analysis and resolution of test failures (hardware and test equipment), maintenance of related TE/STE (Test Equipment and Special Test Equipment), and training of technicians (Users of Test Procedures).
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or close equivalent discipline with 4+ years relevant work experience) or (MS degree in same disciplines with 2+ years relevant work experience)
• 2+ years of relevant experience in technical design or testing of radar and communication systems
• Proven experience troubleshooting and performing failure analysis of power circuits(high voltage DC, DC/DC converters, AC/DC converters).Able to use equipment necessary to troubleshoot power circuits (Digital O’scope, Spectrum Analyzers, high voltage probes, differential probes, etc)
• Ability to understand and interpret Acceptance Test Requirements
• U.S. Citizenship status required and ability to obtain Secret Clearance within first year of employment
• Familiarity with magnetics used in power circuits
• Experience with modern Automated Test Systems for electronics
• Strong skills and experience performing analysis of technical data
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and writing
Required Education: A BS degree in Electrical Engineering or close equivalent discipline
Desired Education: An MS degree in Electrical Engineering or close equivalent discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.