Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an opening for a Sr. Applications Technologist II. This is a national level role in the Global Business Services IT Engineering Solutions (ES) organization as part of the operations closed area support team. The team supports a variety of Engineering Tools (Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, and Software) used in Classified Environments. This position will be located in either El Segundo, California or Richardson, Texas.
This person will be a key team member helping the organization deliver service excellence around the following activities: interfacing with program personnel and programs’ engineering and IT teams; coordinating resources to provide appropriate tool related services; helping users on programs effectively use tools; troubleshooting tool related problems; and tailoring tools to specific program needs. The ideal candidate has a passion for automation and learning new engineering tools and technologies.
- Engage and consult with engineers on the implementation of engineering software solutions; assist programs in the use of and adoption of solutions and emerging technologies
- Provide general user support for software engineering tools
- Set and manage customer expectations while ensuring priorities are optimally met
- Manage installations and upgrades for software engineering tools
- Function as part of the virtual GBS Engineering Solutions Operations team
- Ability to multi-task, to support multiple customers, and to work within specific schedule and cost constraints
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export AuthorizationDesired Skills:
- Minimum 6+ years professional experience in roles of increasing technical leadership and responsibility
- Knowledge of the software development process
- Working knowledge (including day to day use on a program) of Software Engineering Tools.
- Familiarity with Windows, Unix and Linux environments
- Ability to troubleshoot / solve complex problems
- Ability to learn new skills and knowledge in a constantly changing environment
- Strong communication, presentation, and people skills with ability to interface with senior engineering leaders and program management personnel.
- Strong teamwork skills – The ability to interact productively with end users, analysts, other Raytheon personnel, and customers in a diverse team setting
- Lead continuous improvement activities associated with reducing service delivery costs and schedule and improving customer experience
- Build relationships with IT leadership and the programs to enable timely issue escalation and resolution
- Ability to work and collaborate in virtual environment where team members are not co-located.
- Self-motivated and able to function with minimal oversight
- Self-directed with good organizational skills
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Engineer tool support experience
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite, GIT, GIT Hub, and/or IBM Rational CM tools
- Understanding and implementation experience with AGILE software principles and/or SAFE
- Customer engagement/relationship management experience or prior consulting experience
- Strong computer skills and/or programming experience in one or more languages, including scripting languages
- Experience generating documentation/tooling aids and instructing others
- Experience with cloud based solutions such as AWS
- Experience using containers, and strong automation skills such as the automation of applications packaging, test automation, automation of operations
- Existing Secret or Top Secret DoD security clearance
Bachelor’s in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.