Develop interconnect mechanical packaging solutions (cables/flex/RF/fiber) to support program requirements. Role includes mechanical design, technology selection and trade off analysis, performing producibility assessments, and interface with other design stakeholders and fabrication/assembly suppliers. Effectively communicate technical knowledge regarding interconnect design and manufacturability. Offer alternative design solutions to meet or exceed program manufacturability and affordability goals.
- Minimum of six years of professional experience in the industry
- Must have mechanical CAD design experience and some electronic design experience
- Must have experience with PTC Creo - Cabling
- Ability to communicate and document technical knowledge and solutions for interconnect technology products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in multiple discipline integrated product development team environments.
- The position requires multi-tasking to support several programs concurrently and will require local travel between sites and also some remote travel as required
- Must have good communication skills and strong desire to learn and contribute in a teaming environment
- Microsoft Office tools (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio)
- US Citizenship is required, must be able to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Familiarity with PTC Creo-Cabling tool
- Familiarity with applicable military and industry design and end product performance standards for cable assemblies including IPC-610 and IPC/WHMA-A-620
- Existing security clearance and prior experience designing, and / or supporting aerospace/defense related products
- Expertise in connector selection for military and aerospace environments
- Six Sigma Specialist
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, or related Engineering fieldDesired Education:
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.