General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Administers and coordinates the facility security activities for an office or group.
1. Administers and coordinates the DoD security program and other related security activities for a large office or group to ensure compliance with government regulations and company policies and procedures.
2. Provides guidance to managers and employees regarding security regulations and procedures.
3. Participates in the development and implementation of security procedures in coordination with government agencies and company management.
4. Conducts security briefings.
5. Develops and conducts security-related training programs.
6. Investigates security violations and recommends corrective actions.
7. Maintains liaison with outside agencies.
8. Assists employees in acquiring personal security clearance when required.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced security staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Specific Job Duties will include:
•Protect classified government information, monitor security procedures, ensuring compliance with all aspects of the program including personnel, physical and administrative security systems and procedures.
•Make and program employee badges for site access.
•Conduct security briefings and conduct security education programs briefings.
•Investigate losses and security violations and recommend corrective actions.
•Maintain classified storage and audits of documents.
•Maintain security oversight for closed areas.
•Maintain files for customers and audits.
•Conduct bi-annual self-inspections.
•Interface directly with program management to address security items specific to each program/contract.
•Provide briefings through public speaking, facilitated trainings, and written guidance.
•Process and protect personally identifiable information (PII), Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) and other sensitive, personal information with regards to reporting responsibilities in a professional manner.
•Effectively apply physical and procedural security measures with minimal impact to business operations.
•Maintain, audit and evaluate industrial security program to provide a safe and secure environment to protect employees and company assets.
•Represent the business unit when interacting with senior executives, site management, and government representatives on security and asset protection issues.
•Interpret and administer existing policies and develop, document, implement, and communicate revisions to existing policies or new policies, processes, and procedures
•Process new employee security clearances
•Track security clearance investigations and perform administrative support functions to include Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and eQIP administration
•Other projects as assigned
•Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 5 years relevant work experience
•U.S. citizenship and active transferrable Secret Security Clearance
•Thorough understanding of related DoD security policies including DoD 5220.22-M (NISPOM), and other DoD compliance regulations
•Successful completion of DSS FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities curriculum
•Must possess practical knowledge of and experience in the areas of JPAS, e-QIP, NISS and DISS
•Must have experience with personnel security, document and visitor control
•Must have experience in COMSEC Security management
•Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
•Ability to collaborate with all levels of internal and external customers, managers, employees, contracts and security personnel
This position is full-time and is based out of our Raleigh Durham, N.C. Office
8-10 years of related experience in facility or industrial security administration, preferably in the government contracting industry
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2. 8-10 years of related experience in facility or industrial security administration, preferably in the government contracting industry.
3. May require a security clearance, depending on job assignment.