full-time employee contract
The Security Architect is a senior level position that will be responsible for supporting the troubleshooting and resolution of security issues that arise in the operation of a complex Cross-Domain Solutions system. The Architect will quickly diagnosis and track issues, work toward solutions with operational personnel, and report on these issues to management in a timely fashion.
The Security Architect will be an integral member of a multi-functional 10 person Help Desk team, responsible for supporting the customer's network requirements and mission needs. This position will support 8 hours/day, 5 days a week. There is an on call requirement to support the customer's mission needs, when required.
• Implements security practices
• Assesses the effectiveness of security solutions against present and projected threats to the operational system
• Implements solutions by planning, training and installing/configuring appropriate solutions
• Produces formal and informal reports, briefings, and directs input to the customer regarding security of the system
• Conduct risk assessments throughout the lifecycle, as well as, continuously monitoring security relevant changes of the operational system
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security.
• Deep knowledge of security administration in CentOS-based Linux operating systems
• Experience with providing security patch updates to CentOS-based Linux systems
• Experience with hardware-based network security solutions (e.g. hardware-implemented firewall devices)
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Experience with managing and using Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
Other Skills Preferred:
• Knowledgeable of ICD 503 (RMF)
• Experience with Red Hat
• Experience with Wireshark
• Experience with tcdump
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II Compliant
• Experience supporting military personnel
• Experience working on a Help Desk Team