full-time employee contract
Defines and administers database standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. Provides experienced technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a secure database environment. Advises applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation, hardening and performance tuning of databases. Has deep understanding of relational database systems, including PostgreSQL, SQLite, MySQL, and others and can provide support in querying existing complex database implementations to both technical and non-technical users of the system.
The Database Administrator will be an integral member of a multi-functional 10 person Help Desk team, responsible for supporting the customer's network requirements and mission needs. This position will support 8 hours/day, 5 days a week. There is an on call requirement to support the customer's mission needs, when required.
• Provides operational support to the operational environments' database systems.
• Manages lifecycle support of database systems by applying patches and upgrades.
• Diagnoses and resolves problems; monitors and improves performance, migrates data as required.
• Designs and manages backup and recovery processes and continuity of operations plan.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Experience using software to store and organize data.
• Experience in performing capacity planning
• Deep knowledge of SQL
• Experience with PostgreSQL, SQLite, MySQL, and other relational database systems
• Possess excellent organizational skills
• Possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
Other skills Preferred:
• Experience supporting military personnel
• Experience working on a Help Desk Team
• DoD 8570 AIT Level II Compliant