full-time employee contract
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Comptia Security +
• Computing Environment Certification:
• Minimum: Comptia Server +
• Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) (Server): 70-642 or 70-643
• EMC: Associate Level
• NetApp NCDA
• Preferred CE: Hitachi Data Systems Certified Professional ‘and’ Symantec Certified Specialist (NetBackup 6.0 or greater)
Other Skills Preferred:
• Hitachi Storage installation, configuration, and maintenance.
• Prior storage array experience with EMC, NetApp, etc…
• RAID Storage Array management
• LUN structure and allocation development
• Ensures full mission capability of the Storage Area Networks on all mission critical networks.
• Ensures all storage allocation tasks are completed per approval/guidance of site leadership.
• Provides subject matter expert guidance to TGIC-C leadership regarding the allocation and management of the available storage space.
• Provides input to technical briefs used by the TGIC-C leadership to coordinate storage space increases and new system integrations.
• May provide assistance to the system administrators who are responsible for SAN attached servers. This may include providing information to configure fiber channel adapters (HBA) and getting fully operational on SAN storage.
• Ensures applicable configuration of the SAN to ensure Shadow Copies are created and maintained at prescribed intervals to enable system disaster recovery for attached servers.
• Ensures the SAN is balanced and configured for the most efficient operations.
• Performs routine system updates and maintenance while maintaining SAN up-time.
• Ensures full mission capability of the Storage Area Networks on all assigned operational networks.
• Performs daily checks of all scheduled backup tasks to ensure completion.
• Assists system administrators with testing backups to verify integrity.
• Assists system administrators with associated scripting if necessary. Is not responsible for this scripting but can provide SME guidance.
• Ensures HW and Software are functioning according to OEM specifications.
• Performs routine IA scanning and patching function for all assigned servers/devices