full-time employee contract
Heavy Equipment Mechanic typically performs all functional duties independently. Researches, plans, designs and develops new applications for electro-mechanical equipment and systems. Reviews contractor's standards, specifications and other documentation to determine mechanical engineering requirements. Designs or reviews simple mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, ventilation and/or instrumentation systems using analytical and investigative methods and techniques to ensure systems meet required specifications. Gathers and correlates basic data and performs routine engineering research and development assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests in order to develop new applications or upgrade existing hardware. Guides and assists technicians in fabrication and installation of simple mechanical and related equipment and routine systems in order to ensure conformance of product and systems with engineering design and customer specifications. May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions or improve equipment or system function. May review and correct drawings to ensure that products are in accordance with proper engineering techniques and specifications. Tasks may require physical abilities.
More Information: This job opening is just one of the many openings we have. For more information about ManTech, visit us at our web site www.mantech.com and click on CAREERS. ManTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are urged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
• Bachelor's Degree: 6 years’ work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree. Associate's Degree plus 4 years’ work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree
• Proven maintenance, repair and technical experience and background in industrial manufacturing, commercial maintenance or military operations or maintenance
• Preferred areas of experience may be with light or heavy duty trucks, tractors, tactical vehicles, ground systems, generators, power plants, aircraft or any diesel or gasoline powered equipment or vehicle.
• Maintenance support includes operations, system troubleshooting, engineering, design, installation, analysis, maintenance and repair of U.S. systems and subsystems to component level.
• Proficient with a variety of hand tools, diagnostic tools, power tools, multi-meters.
• Effectively applies industry and/or military standard troubleshooting procedures to isolate faulty system components.
• Prior training and/or maintenance experience on MRAP/RCV systems preferable
• Travel to hostile areas is required Must be able to meet all government CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) requirements for foreign travel into operational locations.
• Candidates must be in top physical shape, meeting the government deployment requirements.
• Position requires moderate to lengthy travel to various US or OCONUS locations. Appropriate bonuses and allowances are paid. We seek flexibility and willingness to deploy to all/any of these locations, including Southwest Asia and South Central Asia. Some OCONUS deployments may be to risky hostile ("war zone") environments which earn larger bonuses.
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening