***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide algorithm systems engineering as part of the Radar Capabilities Development Department. This department provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS radar programs.
These activities include:
- Development of mathematical algorithms for radar signal processing and calibration
- Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
- Performance predictions and analysis of data received from radars on various platforms
- Design and development of radar waveforms
- Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification
- Interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
- Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
- Knowledge of basic radar operations: Doppler Filtering, Pulse Compression, Calibration, and Antenna Array processing
- Knowledge of radar signal processing techniques, mathematical algorithms, analytic techniques and computer simulations
- Experience in Matlab, C++, Python, or related languages
- Experience in modeling and simulation
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs a U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Able to effectively multi-task multiple tasks and priority actions
- Able to work in large teams in dynamic environment
- Work experience in radar design, development, integration and test
- Expertise in Matlab, C++, or related languages
- Experience in software development of embedded, real-time complex systems
- Experience in hardware and software integration of embedded, real-time complex systems
- Experience in radar data analysis and problem resolution; especially with respect to surveillance radar
- Graduate level coursework in and/or work experience in digital filtering, linear algebra, stochastic processes, estimation theory, and detection theory
Required Education (including major): Must have a BS / BA from an accredited university with a major in Engineering, Physics, Math, or other related field by Summer 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.