Raytheon Missile Systems showcases the talented professionals, cutting-edge technologies and innovative solutions that ensure the success of our customers’ missions worldwide.
Innovative technologies, Superior solutions, outstanding opportunities.
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning over 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon Manufacturing Mechanical Engineers:
Involved in all phases of product life cycle, beginning with proposal development and advanced manufacturing initiatives, continuing through production implementation and extending to support of our customer and supply chain Work on a wide range of weapon systems, from tactical missiles to strategic defense products Design, control, and improve the manufacturing process and system design through a collaborative effort with the value stream team Reduce cycle time and customer lead time Reduce inventory Improve productivity Reduce material cost Improve performance of the value chain
Specific responsibilities include:
· Manufacturing process control and performance monitoring
· Planning and incorporation of design changes
· Creating and overseeing projects using risk management techniques
· Translating engineering design requirements into formal manufacturing process documentation
· Disposition of discrepant hardware Leading corrective action investigations to prevent recurrence
· Developing tooling concepts Interfacing with customers and suppliers
· Providing technical leadership to multi-disciplined teams
· Ensuring quality, cost, and schedule objectives are achieved Product technologies utilized at Raytheon include:
· Electro-optical Electro-mechanical Circuit cards Metallic and composite structures
· Equipment driven processes Material handling practices Statistical process control Lean principles
· Your experience as a Raytheon Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer will position you well for organizational advancement along both technical and managerial career paths.
· This position will require a DoD Secret security clearance.
· 2 years of related work experience or related activities:
· Technical problem solving
· Lean Manufacturing
· Statistical Process Control Engineering interpretation of technical documentation
· Team leadership Project and risk management Coursework in either Lean Manufacturing or Statistical Process Control.
· U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
· Advanced manufacturing technologies
· Practical knowledge gained through previous related employment
This position requires a Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or equivalent technical degree.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.