Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an opening for a Sr. Facilities Engineer (Mechanical). This position focuses on gathering, organizing, and dissemination of technical mechanical requirements for the preparation of schematic, design development, and construction drawings for tenant improvements, factory modifications, rearrangements, and new construction.
Requires supporting the efforts and technical information within a technical team environment which includes other engineering disciplines, construction personnel, drafting resources, consultants, and support groups within a team environment to move a project from design, through the bid cycle and into construction followed by the project closeout phase.
The Facilities Engineer with a project team will support the project architect on a recurring basis through the life of the project; interface with other professional engineers in the initial stages of the project to coordinate the scope and delivery method for the project. Emphasis of this role is work on facility projects and not projects for the general public.
- Member of a design team and establish the detailed mechanical parameters and requirements for a project.
- Coordinate mechanical designs with the design information of other engineers to include architectural, electrical, civil, structural, security, and other engineering disciplines into a cohesive drawing package, for consistency in contract language, format, drawing standards, and alignment on information provided.
- Perform heat transfer calculations, pipe flows for process piping, and perform detailed calculations for allowable vs required piping in building systems for sewer, domestic water, compressed air, and process piping.
- Prepare and assemble design and construction documentation which define content, materials, and relationships of the mechanical building elements.
- Define the critical technical requirements for the work, through information gathering with the customer and stake holders.
- Receive, review, and transmit shop drawing packages and technical drawings within the project team and feed back to the Project Architect. Coordinate mechanical information review with other engineering staff for content and compliance with construction documents.
- Define and engage the technical resource needed to complete the final design and construction drawings.
- Participate with active engagement on intermediate design reviews with customers, engineers, consultants, and other stake holders for alignment of project design with initial project scope.
- Understand the international codes IMC and IPC and familiarity with NFPA requirements.
- Perform critiques and red line evaluation of the drawings of peers for compliance with standard drawing practice and clarity of content of the information within the drawings.
- Ensure drawing documentation is properly formatted and placed in the correct level and reference file schemes per established dept standards.
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience working in a project team of professional engineers from project design through preparation of construction documents and construction and supporting the project architect or project manager.
- CAD software, and Microsoft Office systems in the preparation of construction documents.
- Proficient use of CAD software in setting up drawing master files for use by other disciplines.
- Experience with performing heat transfer calculations, pipe flows for process piping, and perform detailed calculations for allowable vs required piping in building systems for sewer, domestic water, compressed air, and process piping.
- Direct experience in Contributory design efforts within a design team through project development in defining content, schedule, scope, and deliverables.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
- Familiarity with current International Mechanical Code and International Plumbing Code and related codes to be able to apply code references to current designs.
- Free hand or CAD drawing skills demonstrating the ability to document existing field conditions, to propose new concepts, communicate building component relationships to others, as well as organize technical information.
- Possess a high level of communication and leadership skills that demonstrate support of a professional design team.
- Estimating for building mechanical systems.
- Analytical skills to decipher the essential project requirements and deliverables and enlist the necessary resources to achieve those goals.
- Proficiency and experience with Microstation CAD platform and setting up drawing files.
- Construction administration background in directly overseeing projects of various scales.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Prior Facilities experience is desirable.
- Registered in the state of Arizona is desirable not required
- Field inspection experience is desirable.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.