Candidate will work under limited supervision to manage the production test process through one or more phases of the product life cycle, including transition to production, sustained production and depot activities. Position is for first shift or second shift work. The manufacturing environment can operate across multiple shifts including some weekend work so all candidates whether assigned to first shift or second shift must be capable of supporting this schedule.
Tasks may include the following:
- Assist in the development of test equipment and establishment of test requirements and procedures.
- Accept new or modified test equipment for production use.
- Ensure the operation of test equipment and associated work instructions are accurate.
- Ensure test equipment and software meet the test requirements specified for the product.
- Monitor and improve the test process through analysis of predictive metrics of trends, failure modes, and test yields.
- Develop test flow charts and test capacity analysis.
- Assist with the changes to the test equipment technical data package which includes drawings, test instructions, test position manuals, and system software.
- Assist and direct hourly personnel in non-routine fault isolation, diagnose, and repair of the product or test equipment.
- Lead root cause and corrective action investigations and present findings to management.
- Provide technical training in both product and test equipment to production test specialists and metrology personnel.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 8 years of experience in 5 of the following 9 skills:
1 Working knowledge of electronics and electrical circuits as well as fault isolation practices.
2 Experience with hands-on hardware integration, troubleshooting, and manufacturing test
3 Establishment of test requirements and procedures.
4 Maintenance of changes to the test equipment technical data package which includes drawings, test instructions, test position manuals, and system software.
5 Development of test flow charts and test capacity analysis.
6 Root cause and corrective action investigations and present findings to management.
7 Ability to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
8 Capability of interacting with, or leading, a group of multi-disciplined engineers.
9 Proficient using Microsoft Office applications
- Must have the ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Development of test equipment, requirements and procedures
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop solutions to routine technical problems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- 10 years of experience in 5 of the 9 skills listed in the required skills above
- Active DoD Secret clearance
Required Education:This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Preferred Majors: Electrical, Electronics, Optical, Software, Systems or Computer Science.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Eligibility requirements can be found at:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.