The Guidance and Navigation System’s (GNS) Program Operations Manager is the Operations’ point of contact for GNS area’s Lead Program Operation’s Manager, program customers, program managers, and other functional managers and is responsible for successful Operations execution within the GNS program area. You have the responsibility to focus on all tasks associated with Operations for the one or more GNS product lines within the Secure Sensor Solutions (S3) Mission Area. These tasks include, but are not limited to: manufacturing plan creation; capacity analysis; recurring and non-recurring cost BOE and Rationale development/analysis; Manufacturing Readiness Assessment; creation of Manufacturing Maturation Plans (MMP); identification and planning of operations related investment required to achieve Price To Win (PTW) and MMP; Capital deployment planning and management; influencing design to achieve cost and schedule targets through DFMA/DTC/DTUPC and producability studies; Transition To Production planning; transition planning of existing work to other factories and or external suppliers. The responsibilities of this role are a key enabler of the product line developing new products and supporting all activities with delivering product to our Customers. This position helps develop the product line vision and strategy with the Program Operations Lead and works with SAS Consolidated Manufacturing Centers and/or external suppliers to ensure smooth transition to production and profitable execution of the product line’s programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Business Focal Point at Product Line Levels
- Business Forecast Communications to Factories; PROP coordination
- Business Area Capital Forecast and Execution
- Business/Cross Program Inventory AR Tracking to Completion for Internal Suppliers
- Responsible to Assure Product Platforms Align with Operations Strategies
- Engages Functional Expertise within Operations to Develop Proposals – From Factories to Facilities
- Timely Gate 4 Win Strategy Flow Down to Factories/Operations Performers and/or external suppliers
- Engaged in Product Development, Producibility, Testability and How and Where to Make
- Develops Capital Investment Requirements to Produce New Products
- Supports Engineering for Development Work
- Focal Point for Operations in New Product Development and Launch to Manufacturing
- Responsible to Assure Operations Factories 9internal and external) are Ready for Start Up – Value Stream, Tooling & Test Equipment
- Assure all Requirements and Plans are Communicated to the Operations Team Members
- Focal Point for Operations when New Requirements Bring Changes to Existing Products that Require Development
- Provides Leadership for Operations through New Product Upgrade Production Readiness Review Gate 10
- This role reports to the GNS Program Operations Manager lead. This position will be based in El Segundo, CA.
- 8+ years of work experience in Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, or Program Management
- Experience within a matrix organizational structure
- Experience with EACs and IPDS Gate Reviews
- Experience partnering between program management and Operations/manufacturing
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Ability to adeptly use influence without authority in a matrix organizational structure
- Understanding of partnering between program management and Operations/manufacturing
- Factory experience
- Transition to Production experience
- Knowledge of program management practices
Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Math, Science; or BusinessPreferred Education:
Masters of Science in Engineering, Math, Science; or Business
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.