|Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for Talented Satellite Ground System Development Chief Engineer to join our M2C System Engineering Teams team in Aurora, Colorado. |
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it:
As the Satellite Ground System Development Chief Engineer
, you will serve as the primary technical point of contact with the program office, the customer and other external entities related to the program. Working with the Chief Architect and the SEIT lead, the Chief Engineer sets the technical direction for the program based on his or her technical experience in the relevant domain. The Chief Engineer chairs the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and the Risk and Opportunity Board for the program.Clearance Requirement:
Must be a US Citizens with a current SSBI with the ability to obtain and maintain SAP clearanceThere is the potential for external candidates to receive a sign-on bonuses of up to $20,000 for hires with an active Top Secret clearance if hired on this requisition.Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
•US Citizen with current/existing TS/SCI security clearance
• 10+ years (as a Senior Principal Systems Engineer) demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record.
• Experience with satellite command and control
• Experience with ground equipment command and control
• Experience in systems engineering functions including: operations concept development, requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
• Experience with RPO
• Knowledge of system integration and system test
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
• Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
• Chief Engineer / Lead Systems Engineer on a large government contract
• Systems Engineering experience on a large government software development contract.
• Experience in requirements management
• Experience in CONOPS / OPSCON development
• Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation
• Experience in technical risk management
• Possess Raytheon Risk and Opportunity Management certification or equivalent
• Experience in architecture development of SW centric systems
• Experience in SE process development and deployment
• Experience in Operations including: procedure development, training, transition planning, installation, and deployment
• Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations
• Experience working on a program managed using Earned Value Management
• Experience with participating in Engineering Gate reviews
• Experience in cost estimation
• Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a science, and 10+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.