Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
The Infrastructure Systems Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Solves hardware/software interface problems, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. The Infrastructure Systems Administrator will collaborate with a diverse team supporting Raytheon's programs with information system capabilities in a mixed Unix (Solaris/Linux)/Windows-based environment encompassing both network and server administration. U.S. Citizenship is required. The candidate will need a current DOD Secret or higher Security Clearance. This position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Note: Candidates with a current US Government Secret Security Clearance (or higher) are eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Deploying Mission specific software deliveries that occur periodically using Altiris, SCCM, or some other mechanism.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Performing routine audit of systems and software.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries and assisting users.
- Responsibility for security.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
- Configuring, adding, and deleting file systems.
- Creating routine backups of the systems and restoring as needed..
- Collaborate with partners to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions consisting of hardware and operating system technologies
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
- Convert and upgrade to new systems
- Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
- Maintain and grow your technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- International or Domestic travel (potential)
- Prepare, write, and present reports and briefings as required
- Participates in special projects as required
- Must be a US Citizen with a current DOD Secret security clearance
- Experience troubleshooting Operating Systems and Applications
- Experience with Windows operating systems, including Windows 7/10, Windows 2K3/2K8/2K12/2K16 Server and/or RHEL operating system
- Experience with Active Directory and group policy management
- Experience with data storage and data backup technologies
- Experience with VMware
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good understanding of fundamental TCP/IP concepts
- Must have current 8570 IAT II certification or be able to obtain it before 90 days or hire date
Required Education:Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4 years of related work experience or aa total of 12 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree
- Strong experience with Linux/Solaris/Windows operating systems
- Curiosity, problem solving, desire to learn new skills
- Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.