8-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- Account Creation and management for Federated TACACS on multiple enclaves.
- Device additions and migrations within the Federated TACACS system.
- Windows account creations and management
- Linux account creations and management
- Account creations for the tools employed on a daily bases such as HP Operations Manager, HP Network Node Manager, HP Network Automation, HPE Blade System Onboard Administrator, vSphere Web Client, Cisco Secure ACS, and Neural Star.
- Daily monitoring and managing the available space on each of the CSL1 servers across all sites (7).
- C3000 Blade System firmware updates across all sites
- Trouble shooting user logon issues spanning the Federated TACACS, Windows Environment, and Linux environment.
- Ensuring server availability 24/7 and specifically during the core business hours 0600 to 1800 hrs.
- Performing scheduled system reboots
- NETS Ticket creation and resolution
- Email monitoring, creation, and response
- Remotely accessing servers across all sites (7)
- Monitoring Server Availability
- Monitoring and managing failed hard drives in the SAN’s Storage Array
- Monitoring and managing failed hard drives in the ESX Host/VMWare C3000 primary blade systems
- Coordination of vendor maintenance across all sites when necessary.
- Interfacing with the HP Engineering team when necessary for system repairs in the CCF.
- InfoBlox DNS Record creation and maintenance
- Reviewing Server Logs
- Clean up of logs and Temp directory when necessary (Linux, Windows, etc.)
- Interfacing with the CSL1 Engineering team
- Resolving alerts within HPO Operation Manager and clearing queue
- Change Management Approvals (CMA’s) creation and submission for potential service impacting events; such as DNS changes.
- PostgreSQl has replaced Oracle as the VMware Database of choice. Other tools such as NeuralStar still employs SQLServer as its database but is currently maintained by a Kratos Networks Tech
- Weekend support (Call in’s)
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification prior to Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.