General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
District of Columbia
Manage, support, maintain, troubleshoot, configure and administrate Cisco Email Security Appliances (ESA) and IronPort Web Security Appliances (WSA)
Work closely with government customer and managers to manage and control security policies, configurations, and changes in the ESA and WSA
Monitor and report on the ESA and WSA performance metrics
Respond to and process all Incident tickets, Service Requests, and outages for ESA and WSA within Service Level Agreements.
Provide vulnerability management for ESA, WSA, routers, switches, and firewalls.
Using environmental scan reports; pro-actively identify the severity of the vulnerability as well as the items affected in accordance with the Vulnerability Management Policy
Document the assessment, the actionable items, the remediation and the reconciliation items identified vulnerability within a project tracking ticket
Review Cisco vulnerability databases and other applicable sources to provide Vulnerability Assessment
Create Actionable Items which are approved for the environment
Open related tasks or deployments and oversee the change requests, including owning the presentation for the internal Change Control Board (CCB)
Provide consistent documentation methods for accurate reporting
Record remediation progress for vulnerabilities in a tracking ticket
Complete Vulnerability project tickets within the required time frames, which include the completion of the required related actionable items and remediation at 100%.
Communicate with systems owners regarding actions needed to remediate vulnerability.
Create and maintain documents, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and work instructions for Cisco Email Security Appliances (ESA) and IronPort Web Security Appliances.
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Years of Experience/Education: 8 Years and Bachelor’s degree or without degree 10 or more years of experience related to position
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.