full-time employee contract
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Comptia Security +
• Minimum CE:
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• Preferred CE:
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP
Other Skills Preferred:
• Cisco IOS for LAN/WAN routers and switches
• Cisco IOS for SAN fabric networking switches
• Management of Cisco MDS SAN switches highly preferred.
• Cisco Fabric Manager experience a plus.
• Alterpoint, Solar Winds, or other network monitoring applications.
• Install, configure, and maintain site customer's LAN and SAN network devices.
• Install, configure, and maintain Cisco 6500/4500/3800/3700 series switches and routers
• Install, configure, and maintain Cisco MDS series SAN fabric swithes.
• Employ network management expertise in the area of fault management, configuration management, performance management, and security management
• Responsible for the daily operations, maintenance, and 100% functionality of LAN/WAN support equipment.
• Coordinates with local network authority to ensure all routers/switches are in compliance with local security policy and configuration standards.
• Performs routine tasks such as port configuration, enable/disable ports, update device OS, check logs, perform backups of system configuration and/or logs, run physical media to/from network equipment and rack mounted components.
• May be required to perform as backup to the SAN-Network administrator for short periods.
• Ensures full functionality for all assigned Storage Area Network switches to establish the fabric.
• Ensures operational and IA best practices are adhered to during system sustainment activities.
• May be required to perform vulnerability checks to determine IA threats.
• Performs routine patching per OEM guidance.
• Assist in establishing new LUNs to meet customer requirements.
• Configures port groups and ensures the physical path between SAN attached servers and the SAN controller are available.
• Performs daily check of all SAN links via Cisco Fabric Manager Server.
• Coordinates dual path configuration with server administrators to ensure redundant links for system data path resilience.
• Experienced in a wide range of Internetworking technologies, systems, and telecommunication architectures.
• Experience different flavors of Cisco IOS and Catalyst OS platforms.
• Routine design, planning, and implementation of various levels of Secure Enterprise and Campus data/voice networks.
• Configuration of Overall Network Routing and Switching, VLANS, Access Control Lists, spanning tree, bridging, HSRP, load-balancing, backup routes, TACACS+, and VoIP (Cisco Call Manager & Unity Servers).
• Daily Network Monitoring, analysis, and security auditing using Cisco Works, HP OpenView, MRTG, What's Up - Gold, Cisco Network Analysis Modules, and Cisco ACS.
• Installation of infrastructure such as Category 5 cabling, Fiber Optics, and Serial RS standard solutions.
• Conducts evaluation, recommendation, and integration of new technologies into the LAN/WAN environment.