Finance: This position is an excellent career-building opportunity for a self-motivated, flexible and energetic team player. It offers the opportunity to help develop optimum solutions for business challenges and to develop a broad network of contacts within Missile Systems, Corporate Office and across other Raytheon business units. The General Ledger Team is a small team that oversees all Missile Systems’ financial consolidation, revenue recognition and inter-company accounting processes. The selected team member will develop a well-rounded understanding of Missile Systems accounting structure and system. The experience gained will provide a foundation for continued broadening of financial experience at Raytheon.
This role will provide a unique opportunity to gain exposure to accounting tools, systems and processes as well as to develop networks with program business, FP&A, and Finance leadership. General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Minimum Required Skills
The ideal candidate must be able to operate in a challenging, fast-paced, team environment. They must also demonstrate an ability to take ownership of their process area and to continually focus on improving processes and efficiency. These positions require each individual to build positive relationships with our internal customers throughout Raytheon.
· Minimum 2 years finance/accounting experience with a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field.
· Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
· Understanding of basic accounting concepts
· Strong analytical skills and report development abilities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently
Highly Desired Skills
· Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Working knowledge of Percentage of Completion Revenue Recognition
· Understanding/working knowledge of SAP (including Business Consolidation System and Business Warehouse Reporting)
· Understanding/working knowledge of Inter-Company Accounting
· Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.